Friday, January 6, 2012

One person's "tweet" is another's "twat." Wait, what??

I've been avoiding twitter for quite some time now, but have recently been toying with the idea of getting one.  I'll admit, I was tempted when Charlie Sheen had that unfortunate case of mouth diarrhea (who can resist a good train wreck?! Not me...) but still managed to refrain.  However, Jenna Marbles' last video (http://youtu.be/yCjKlGMhIBA) has me thinking about social stalkers and social media in general.

I don't think there's anything wrong with checking up on people you haven't seen in a while through facebook.  Besides, it feels SO GOOD to see that the girl who made fun of you in school is super fat now, or that your ex's new girlfriend (or boyfriend) looks like a transvestite donkey witch.

It can also be comforting in other ways, though.  To see that someone who seems so put together is going through something similar to you can make you feel less like a failure (it helps me, anyway) So many people my age are moving home to save money, or going back to school, or dealing with the aftermath of a divorce.  It's nice to know I'm not the only 26 year old fuck up.

When you fall flat on your face, it's your real friends that will point and laugh, take pictures, post them on facebook, tag you, 'like' the photo, then help you up and dust you off.  And why shouldn't they? I'm gonna laugh at you, 'like' the photo, and then comment with support and tell you about the time I fell on my face pulling my dog on my skateboard because I got scared of the speed wobbles and jumped off.  Even though your face is bleeding, someone like me has done the same fucking thing and laughs about it now.  Share it with the world! 

So, follow me on twitter, you guys. @likeatuesday 

I promise to call my tweets "twats."




 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. i joined twitter and then never posted a single 'twat'. oh well....

    ReplyDelete